Hi friends! These cherry hand pies are so cute for a holiday gathering! I wanted to show you how to make them because they are so quick and easy! I can’t really say this is a recipe, more like instructions. Mainly because there are only 2 ingredients, pre-made pie crust and pre-made cherry pie filling. Ha! “Pre-made” is where the quick and easy comes in. Advanced bakers can make your own crust and filling and I’m sure they will be wonderful! Though it would just take more time. Ok, let’s get to it!
1 can pre-made cherry pie filling
1 package of pre-made pie crust (2 crusts)
Sanding Sugar for tops of pies
Powder Sugar for sprinkling on before serving (optional, but looks pretty!)
Round cookie cutter, 3 “. (You can use a mason jar lid, which is what I did.)
1. Let your pre-made pie crusts sit out for 15 minutes.
2. Unroll your dough on a flat surface, using a little bit of flour if needed to not stick to surface. Use cutter to make your circles, as many as you can. With the left over dough, you will ball it up and roll it out again to make more circles until you’ve used up all of your dough. I was able to make 10 pies (20 circles).
3. Spoon about 5 cherries with filling onto half of the circles. I’d say about 2 Tbsp of filling.
4. Use left over pie crust circles to top cherry filled pies. Next, use a fork to secure the top crust to bottom crust, making a pattern around the pie. Cut slits on top of pies to vent.
5. Brush each pie top with egg wash. Sprinkle sanding sugar on tops as well.
6. Bake at 400* for 20 minutes.
7. Let cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
They make great holiday gifts or a treat to take to a holiday party! If you make this, let me know! Who else loves holiday baking like me?!