Looking for a Valentine’s breakfast for your kids, or your sweetheart, or both?! I’m going to show you a quick and easy Valentine’s Day treat you can make with just a few ingredients!
1 Pre-made pie crust (2 round sheets)
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
3 Tbsp milk
Valentine’s themed sprinkles (optional)
3.5-4 inch heart cookie cutter
1. Let your pre-made pie crusts sit out for 15 minutes.
2. Unroll your dough on a flat surface, using a little bit of flour if needed to not stick to surface. Use cutter to make your hearts, as many as you can. With the left over dough, you will ball it up and roll it out again to make more cut outs until you’ve used up all of your dough.
3. Spoon about 2-3 teaspoons of Nutella onto half of your heart dough cut outs and smooth it out a little bit, keeping a half inch free along the boarder.
4. Spoon about 1-2 teaspoons of strawberry jam on top of the Nutella and smooth it out. (I did not actually measure out how much Nutella or jam, I just used a spoon and winged it. So you can do the same. HA!)
5. Top each heart with a left over pie crust cut out and use a fork to secure the edges. Also use a fork to poke a few holes in the top of the pies to vent.
6. Bake at 400º for 15 minutes, until slightly browned.
7. Let cool completely before glazing.
8. To make glaze, mix powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Using a spoon, pour on the glaze over the pastries and use your sprinkles to decorate.
Will you be making a special treat for Valentine’s Day? If anyone makes these, please let me know how it goes! Hope you all enjoy!