Apple Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
Fall is on her way! And what perfect treat to transition to the new season than with an Apple Cinnamon Sugar Donut?! Am I right? With the start of September, and soon to be Fall, I always think of apple picking and apple harvests. So an apple inspired donut it is! My girls and I are doing Fall Inspiration as this months Head Out with Us! So head over to my IG page to check out all of our Fall Inspo for you!
3 1/2 cups flour
3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tbsp. cinnamon
4 tbsp. butter, melted
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup apple sauce
1 medium apple, peel, cored and grated.
Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
4 tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
1. Pre-heat oven to 375* F.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a separate, larger bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, granulated sugar, milk, nutmeg, sour cream and applesauce.
4. Stir in flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
5. Stir in the grated apples and transfer batter to a large ziplock bag. Snip a corner to create a hole. Spray donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
6. Squeeze batter into donut hole pan, not filling more than 3/4 full. Bake for 11-13 minutes.
7. After donuts are baked, allow to cool. While cooling, melt the butter in a small dish. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon for the cinnamon sugar coating. Brush each donut with the butter and roll in the cinnamon sugar.
Makes 18 donuts.