My daughter and I wanted to bake up some cookies and I thought Snickerdoodles would be a great Fall treat! One of my go to baking books is my brother in laws’ Duff Bakes. So I wanted to share his recipe! Snickerdoodles are great year round, but something about cinnamon in the Fall is just too good! And these cookies are super quick and easy to make.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. If you click through and decide to make a purchase, I will earn a commission at no additional cost to you. See my full disclosure policy here.
Recipe from Duff Goldman in Duff Bakes
Makes 2 dozen cookies
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 extra-large egg
1 1/3 cups flour
1 tsp cream of tarter
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp kosher salt
Cinnamon sugar: 1/4 cup sugar and 1 Tbsp cinnamon
1. Pre-heat oven to 350*F and line baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Cream sugar and butter until fluffy. Add the egg and mix well.
3. In a medium bowl, mix flour, cream of tarter, baking soda and salt.
4. Add dry mixture to butter mixture until a well incorporated dough forms.
5. Roll the dough into 1-2 inch balls. Roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar thoroughly.
6. Place balls on baking sheet and slightly press the tops down so the cookie bakes thinner.
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
What are some of your favorite cookie recipes in the Fall? If anyone tries this recipe, let me know how they turn out! Enjoy!