On days when I have nothing planned with my daughter, and she is bored, we often bake. I have a sweet tooth, and apparently the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. =) Instead of going straight to cupcakes, which is my favorite, or straight up banana bread, which is a household staple, I tried switching it up a bit. We had ripe bananas and some blueberries to use up so I did what I typically do. Jumped on Pinterest to search for a recipe with those ingredients, but Pinterest sucks you in and you find a million recipes you want to try because the photos look so good! Right?! Haha! I found 2 recipes that looked good and decided to combine them and just wing it. Well the result is an epic muffin! Easy, quick, moist, delicious!
Blueberry Banana Bread Muffins: Yields: 12 muffins
2 large ripe bananas
1/4 cup honey
1/2 light brown sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup blueberries
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 375* F. Prep muffin pans with 12 liners.
2. Mash bananas in a large bowl.
3. Add honey, brown sugar and egg. Mix.
4. Add butter and blueberries.
5. Combine dry ingredients and stir into banana mixture.
6. Pour into muffin cups. Bake for 17-20 minutes. Thanks for checking out this recipe! Let me know if you try them and how it goes! Enjoy!