Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Pumpkin Spice season is here! Who else is excited?! I might as well be called the muffin lady at this point. I like to bake them and eat them and post about them. Muffins often get a bad wrap. "They are sad cupcakes". Womp womp. HAHA! No way!! Muffins are amazing! When else can you eat pretty much a cupcake for breakfast and get away with it? Well, unless you just eat a cupcake for breakfast, because I'm totally on board with that too. Haha. Ok, anyway, these pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are delish, and you wouldn't even know there is shredded zucchini in them!
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4-1/2 cup shredded zucchini, amount to your liking
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, plus more to sprinkle on top before baking
1. Heat oven to 375* F. Prep muffin pans with 12 liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, eggs, oil, sugar, sour cream and vanilla.
4. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
5. Fold in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.
6. Pour into muffin cups using a cookie scoop. Sprinkle with a few extra chocolate chips if desired. Bake for 17-20 minutes.
What are your favorite pumpkin spice recipes?! Thanks for checking out these muffins! Let me know if you try them and how it goes! Enjoy!