Taco Dip Recipe
Who's ready for the game?! I'm not sure who is playing, but I've got some taco dip I'd like to share with you! Ha! I usually have all or most of these items on hand as well, which makes it great for last minute prep! This is a family recipe and a very easy one! You will come to find that I only do easy when it comes to cooking or baking. =)
I've made this for many, many parties/
gatherings and each time, it's always been a hit! It's become known as "my taco dip". =)
Taco Dip Ingredients:
1 16oz. can refried beans
1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayo
1 packet of taco seasoning mix
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
1 cup shredded lettuce
Diced tomatoes for topping
Tortilla Chips for serving
1. Spread the can of refried beans on the bottom of a large pie plate or 8in. X 8in. serving dish.
2. In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to mix the cream cheese, mayo and packet of taco seasoning together until well blended.
3. Spread the cream cheese mixture over top of the refried beans layer.
4. Sprinkle 1 cup of the shredded cheese on top.
5. Sprinkle the shredded lettuce on top of that. Add diced tomatoes. And finally the rest of the shredded cheese.
6. Serve with tortilla chips!
1. You can easily make this into more of a 7 layer dip by adding a scoop of guacamole and sour cream on top. Spice it up by adding jalapeños.
2. Make it healthier by using fat free refried beans, low fat mayo, low fat cream cheese, reduced fat shredded cheese and serve with veggies instead of chips!
I'm keeping it simple today for the big game as it's just myself, the hubs and the little. Can't go wrong with taco dip and CPK! Let me know what you're making and if you try out this taco dip!!! Thanks for stopping by!